December 19, 2006

Arched R-eye-vals

I cannot get over it. I was surfing and just paused at the "Oprah Winfrey Show" Some Anastasia appeared , billed as a top Hollywood brow expert. She even gave a brow kit to the audience as a gift. I was thinking " Talk of unwanted gifts" but the audience loved it. The claps were deafening! Must have been paid to do it on cue. Then she went on to demonstarte how she makes her millions. I had to rethink.

A face is like a picture and the eyebrows are the frame. SO they better compliment each other. And an average picture can always be rescued by a lovely frame- I know that.

Celebrity makeup artist Andrea Walmsley says "Well-shaped eyebrows are important because they define facial expressions. They are also the focal point when someone is speaking to you. Most people, when speaking with another, look at their eyes. If someone's eyebrows are not shaped properly it is distracting when you're trying to have a conversation."

I must be SO distracting. I pay Rs 20( less than half a dollar) for my eyebrows at the local parlour, when I find the time and inclination to have them done. A five minute eyebrow shaping from Anastasia is $75 ( INR 3500 approx)

If you can afford to indulge in a Sharon Stone arch, since it would be easier than getting her smile or body, then get yourself some tips and a kit from here.

If not, act apalled by all this, sit back and try and recognise some of the celebrity eyebrows I have put together above for your pleasure. ( courtesy- google)

21 comments:

Itchingtowrite said...

is it the eyes or the eyebrows that make the celebrities recognizable?

Artnavy said...

the eyes of course- the brows are just the frame remember?

Life Lover said...

for my eyebrows i only trust a punju aunty who has her salon 20 miles from work, i drive there whenever i need her expert shape up and my 20 mile drive is worth it :)

Artnavy said...

This is like how i trust only chinese parlours with my hair- always

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I'll try.

Going left to right and top to bottom:

My girl Karisma is number 1. Madhuri is number 3, Aish number 4, and SRK number 9. The rest I am not sure. Maybe Aamir Khan for number 8?

Anonymous said...

Rightly said, these chinese people are good when it comes with hair...all kinds ;) I guessed all the eyes except the centre one and the second last one :(

Artnavy said...

not bad anon- btw your name please- will tell u the answers in a while- think u r Alan?

B o o said...

I did nt know it was a guessing game! Here are mine:
No.6 is Kajol, no?
No.7 is Sush I think.
I choose Rani, Preity, Kareena or Priyanka for No.2 and No.5. Just guessing! ;))

Artnavy said...

Karishma,Vidya Balan, Madhuri, Ash, Sush, Kajol, John, Bipasha, Shah Rukh

I thought only Vidya was tough in that lot. The others' eyes are a total give away.

Alan said...

Yes, the first Anonymous was me. It was not intentional, must have accidentally selected Anonymous. Alan

By Deepa and Supriya said...

while I agree that $ 75 for an eyebrow shaping is a li'l decadent, I feel that it is " a must do" beauty treatment and used to spend $12!! at the regular department stores until I found this Indian place that does it for $ 5...;)tlk about bargains

Artnavy said...

Orchid- 5$ is a good bargain when u earn in dollars:-)

Alan said...

I was reading through some of your old posts. I noticed all my comments switched to Anonymous. Must be related to the Old Blogger vs Beta Blogger issues.

Artnavy said...

thanks for reading my old posts- keep it up

Ananya S P said...

I recognised everyone except Sush :)

Patti said...

I have paid upto 16 dollars for getting my eyebrows done once here!! :)Now I have an Indian lady who does it for 5 dollars!! On the same topic, I watch a program on which an eyebrower(what do u call them?!) says getting ur eyebrows done is like a 10 min facial.

Daddy's Girl said...

I only got SRK (very distinctive brows!) and Madhuri at first. Later I picked up on Kajol and Ash. Had no idea about the others... had to peek at the comments for answers. Nice post. Yes, brows are important. I don't bother much with my brows, but when I do... I see a definite difference.

Artnavy said...

Welcome here daddy's girl

You remind me of my old habit of reading the last few pages of a murder mystery first

Just Like That said...

Did I miss this post? I have not looked honestly, here go my guesses..

1- Karisma
3- Madhuri
4- Ash
5- Kajol
8- John
9- SRK
Now let's see how many are right/wrong.

Just Like That said...

yayyyyy! they're all correct.
sheesh! Viday Balan, of course! Now that I knowit, its so obvious! and Bips too. But wouldn't know Sush.

Just Like That said...

errr... error in my comment- I mistaenly put 5 for Kajol instead of 6.