Saw a stray pup at the bus stop. It was trotting away by the road side. A very concerned school girl was trying to coax it off the road as there was heavy traffic. She kept on talking to it, guiding and applauding, rather mindless of the traffic herself. I was worried that neither the school kid nor the pup should get hurt.
Anyway when do puppies start to walk? At around 3 weeks? Anush has begun walking confidently- after over 14 months. I feel an unjustified sense of pride- but it is nature which has taught her. There is indeed a lot to learn from nature, for her and for me.
Just back from a trip to Chintamani in Kolar, Karnataka. A little township where Navy did his entire schooling. ( quite unlike mine).
- The peanuts are uniformly small and shaped & grown with so little fertiliser they taste great
- The cow's milk is wonderful and the cream you get is almost like butter.
- There is a perfect eco system with enough eagles and water bodies, a lot of vegetation on a very alluvial red soil
- Saw so many hens (much to Anush's delight " Buck baa baa" ) How long do hens live? Their life spans from 7-10 years! And 7 weeks if they are factory farmed with a purpose.
- And yes here is a lesson for Chennai- almost all houses have solar heaters. I guess the government offers some incentive to save electricity.. And which better place than Chennai to harness the sun's intensity.
Met an old friend from the past. I have not missed him for the last seven years. But I cannot describe the warmth I felt the instant I saw him yesterday. More about that in the next post.