My dear Aditi,
One year ! Words are inadequate to explain what I feel...- when you greet each morning with a beautiful toothless smile
- when you grin wickedly and your dimple appears
- when you extend your plump arms up to be lifted
- when your scramble away really fast after your typical mischief
- when you 'admonish' us irrespective of who it is
- when you clap, say hello, give hi 5s, shake hands, sing, do taalam and dance
- when you see your appa walk in home daily and sometimes your paati/ me/ akka return
- when you play peek a boo , get tickled, doodle, have sound fights with your sister, play copy cat,
- when you watch birds, see traffic, examine the car, insist on standing in the pram when we are outdoors
- when your unruly hair curls no matter what
- when you fall ill, get hurt.....in fact just about everything you do....
You know exactly what and who you want. You make sure we know it too.
You do not walk yet, but you are quick.
You do not talk, but you communicate brilliantly.
You do not have teeth, but you eat well. (Kala tikka- I am blessed twice)
You are not destructive but very very curious.
I LOVE being the mother of you two.
You make Appa dance to your tunes completely. Thaathu- R paati and Situ all have put their lives on hold for us, willingly.
Your cousins and aththais adore you and you revel in it.
You even managed to get your grand uncles and family from overseas right into Delhi!
No reflected glory, no comparisons with your very endearing sister. You are your own person.
I hope both of you cherish one another and jump to each other's defense like you do now. In case you have any doubts, Anush loves being big sister to you.
You love us too ( though you have funny ways of showing it- pulling our noses, shouting for us, jumping/ bouncing on us, crying when you see me at lunch break).
Here is something that captures exactly what I feel ...
Lots of love and God bless you,