This Diwali was extra sweet with Aditi also joining us. We spent the morning in the Velachery home complete with a festive meal, lamps, guests, home decor and new clothes.
We used the occasion to have our first visit with her to our home in Pallikarnai, since we have been at our Velachery home since her birth.
Aditi was dressed up in her first onsie that Anush picked out and Anush herself was looking rather sweet in a crimson salwar kameez or as she corrected me- chudidar kamez. After the conventional welcome, we lit diyas, took Aditi through the house, spent some time in the kids room.
Anush graciously showed her the new cupboard and the musical toy she had saved up for her.
Anushka had also got her first present for her sister- a piggy bank, when she had gone out with my mother. So that was duly filled with money and given to the little one by the not so little one. I hoped Anush would always be that generous towards Aditi but who can tell.....
We got back to the Velachery home after meeting friends in the other home, exchanging sweets and snacks, bursting crackers ( only the low noise variety in a weak attempt at environ consciousness)
- Our doc review revealed that Aditi is progressing well. I have lost more weight than I had gained during pregnancy- much needed progress this.
- Anush is down with a bad cough post Diwali and is home today much to her delight!
- My Appa has left for Delhi and the house feels empty without him.
- Navy is adept at holding and caring for Aditi unlike a lot of men who seem diffident around infants
- My mother and I were just discussing how it seems as though Aditi has been around for a very long time though it has not even been a month!!Babies do grow on you just as they do in you.
- Anush has attended three birthday parties without my chaperoning her and is pretty fine about it and I was told by the host that she behaved very well and did not waste food either- took only what she could eat!Proud momma I am.
- I have begun daily walks with her- although short ones at the moment