....when the person has been ailing
.... the doctors have given up
.... his being alive is costing a lot emotionally and otherwise
My neighbor , in his mid 30s passed away from cancer. He is survived by a non working, conservative and shy wife and a clinically- hyperactive 5 yr old son.
While I wonder who will fill the void in their life, I could see that he was keeping them back and their life has been filled with uncertainty and anxiety the last few months.
The marriage was not a very happy one as per her own admission, but he was a devoted father.
God bless the surviving members and give them the strength to go on.
When my turn comes:
- I hope the most dear ones are independent enough to take care of themselves
- I hope it is quick- I do not wish to be reduced to a vegetable with no dignity left
- I do not want any of the usual fuss or rituals , a quick goodbye will do
- I do not want anyone other than immediate family which is already present to see me dead- so no visitors- point is- if u loved me in life remember me that way
- Just ensure eyes/body/etc donation is done
That covers it for now.
While on death, there is this silly clock online, which predicts your death date!!