January 13, 2009

Stick and Post it

I saw a lovely blog on Fridge magnets and thought we could start one.

What you need to do: Take a shot of the magnets you possess and list out any fond/ funny anecdotes/ background about them.
I do not have a huge collection but just a few treasured ones:
The auto is from Srilanka, Anush was into autos then. The mask is from Thailand, Navy's first trip abroad was to Pattaya!! The hibiscus is from Spore, the tower and the tree from our Europe trip, the supermarket hamper with the broken wine bottle from France during the same trip .
The pineapple is from Srishti in Chennai, bought during a bloggers' meet, the Fruit train and the wine bottle hamper from Santacruz roadside Mumbai - a rather good copy of the original, the wooden dolls from an exhibition ( ettikopaka), the London bus like bar snap magnet- a gift from a friend .


You will also note that when it comes to refrigerators I am a Samsung buff.

I am looking for the western loo magnet that flushes. I once saw it at a friend''s house. From the US of A she told me.

I specifically tag-

Itchy
Choxbox
Alan
Blogeswari
Mama mia
Monika. Ansh
Rohini
Madmomma


Anyone else who is interested - pl continue this tag.

18 comments:

VJ said...

maybe at school?

as always.. I am truly impressed.

Artnavy said...

oops VJ - u r too quick- i knocked out the earlier post for a leter date!! sorry- comment wont fit here!!

but do take up this tag if it interests you??

Itchingtowrite said...

coincidentally 2 weeks back i chanced upon a blogpost on fridge magnets and commented that my fridge is completely bare of magnets!! sob sob... so let me gather some and do the tag!

VJ said...

Ha ha... caught you !!!
dont hesitate to delete the comments!

Artnavy said...

itchy- maaroongee!!!!!!! maine khud 2 fruit magnets diye they naa at our meet at coffee day?

the mad momma said...

oh i have LOADS!! I will happily do this one. btw - do link up to the blog on fridge magnets. would love to see it.

DC said...

i love the supermarket hamper magnet from France (and the imitation too :-)) also the fruit train one. it is so pretty.

Artnavy said...

madmomma-
linked the main event on the post nd u shld check out the ones at - http://whenmysoupcamealive.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-magnetic-attractions.html


DC- pl do your version

Choxbox said...

done, sort of.

Mama - Mia said...

:D

i was tagged to do this by suma too! and i took pics yesterday to do it!! will do it in a day or two, tho i dont have so many!!

and yeah! me a samsung buff too! :)

cheers!

abha

Artnavy said...

chox- yeah- sort of

abha- am sure it will be in your characteristic fun style

Monika said...

Oh I am like Itchy. I do not have any. My fridge is bare. Will collect & do the tag soon :)

Blogeswari said...

Sorryba ! My Godrej fridge Is not magnet-ized… :(

Krishnan said...

Wishing you and your family a very happy Pongal.

Artnavy said...

thanks krishnan

blogeswari- oh really- i was almost certain u would have a quirky collection

Alan said...

Hey Art, Sorry, can't join in. When we remodeled the kitchen a few years ago we decided to go with a demagnetized refrigerator and tossed all the magnets. They were mostly just ads for pizza delivery stores and the like.

Sunita said...

Since I read you through my reader, its been a while I have commented but this one's made me get up early just so that I can click and upload.
You have a good collection

Artnavy said...

oh how sad alan

sunita- liked your take