December 04, 2006

Mixed Bag

Life is like a box of assorted chocolates....

Anush's baptism into the family hobby happened this weekend. We went to Mayajaal ( a multiplex) for Dhoom 2 . She had been watching the promo and rocking to it at home on TV. And much to our surprise, she was well behaved at the theatre. Really excited to begin with, then quietened down and settled in to watch almost half the movie. She slept through the second half which is what even I more or less did.

As most of the regulars know, I love Abhishek for his intense looks and his mother's talent. But he was sidelined both in looks and role by Hrithik. I have to admit (very reluctantly) that Hrithik was looking and dancing really groovy. Bipasha need not have been there at all. Hrithik's role suffered from a Krrish handover. Ash and the other maidens had this bronzed look- make up which was really sexy and of course they had bodies to match. Wonder what dear Alan would have to say after seeing Preity and Rani's soft & rounded look. As for the plot - the gizmos & the thefts were state of the art. Not much bike action though. After Crouching tiger HD & Matrix, all stunts have an overdose of slow somersaults. And yes, I want to visit Brazil during the carnival.


The train accident in Bihar made me wonder, yet again, who is to blame. Are the engineers just being made scapegoats? Shouldn't there have been more controls in place? When we will be less negligent at least about human life? And will politicians stop using these tragedies as political agenda? And is 1 lakh enough compensation even in purely financial terms ?

We had an episode at home that reflects my momentary negligence. I was lolling in the bedroom and Anush's grandma was in the kitchen. Anush was playing/ walking / running between both rooms. She came rushing back to me screaming. There was some blood on her hands. It took me a few seconds to figure out that her upper teeth had been struck and were bleeding on the inside. Quickly placed ice and stopped the flow . All in a matter of 2 minutes. She was composed and soon asked for "dhudhoo" and "mumum". But I could not stop blaming myself & got over protective for a couple of hours after that.

Then I remembered this tale in brief- A man once asked God, " Why don't you stop all the pain around in this world. You are God why do you not solve everyone's problems?" God said " You are a father. Does your son not hurt himself sometimes even though you care so much about him. Does it mean you love him less?" I think Bruce Almighty is based on this anecdote.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Something to Say said...

o dear... how is lil Anush now? And i can soooo much relate to that feeling - guilt again - of now being there - to prevent that fall/bump/bruise/cut.... but now I pacify myself my saying "its ok - he's got to fall and learn to pick himself up again" ..but yes, its a terrible feeling!

Life Lover said...

I liked the story about God and the man. So very true!! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

That guilt is always there I guess - even though my kids are a bit older. Have learnt to encourage them to get-up and run/play again and be a little more careful.

Didn't know about the Bihar train incident - its sad when such things happen specially if it could have been avoided.

Anonymous said...

If the kid is our own we are depressed atleast for an hour.If it is others kid we tell them to be calm and not to make it a big issue.That is human nature.We will be tempted to argue that our kid is suffering more than anyone else in the world. That is Indian mother.

Artnavy said...

Guess the guilt trip is the most continuos one in life

mommyof2 said...

I hope Anush is feeling better.. Gudiya fell down & tear her skin from under the upper lip too:-(

And I like the story u mentioned:-)