May 29, 2008

Moral stories voicebank

The colouring genie at home did this and I took time to realise that it was not the print but her handiwork!!

When I explained to Anush that she should write only on paper and not on the bed, she added "not on walls because walls will become sad" if she were to dirty them.

Any "advice" to her turns into a little "story" which she keenly listens to and bobs her head in agreement to. She also calls for the "story" from time to time- so we now have the bed story( that she should not eat /draw on the bed), the wall story( that she should not use it as a chalk board) , the vehicle story( watching out for vehicles while crossing) the traffic story( not opening car doors while on the move) , the squirrel/ pigeon story( since she is sacred of them) , the chappal story .....you get the drift

The little drama queen that she is!! But it sure is a better reception to learning than being adamant / throwing a fit etc...

8 comments:

Swati said...

BUT its nicely done :)

~nm said...

But you must admit that she chose such a perfect color! Its matching exactly with the print color!!

~nm said...

And I must tell you, I at first thought she painted that purplish plant and then I clicked on the pic to see the enlarged version and realised what you meant :)

Noodlehead said...

that's a sweet way of remembering things...you're right. at least she doesn't throw a tantrum! love the rainbow she drew :)

Collection Of Stars said...

We have an office story, manager story, reliance mart story, fabmall story and it goes on and on :)
It took your explanation for me to figure out Anush's art on the bed. See, she has even matched the color. Atta girl Anush!

utbtkids said...

I thought Anush colored the purple flowers. My heart was beating fast, my eyes wide and mou hanging open, I was going in to shock :))

Yeah, stories. Very interesting how they relate to them-na?

pumpkins mom said...

I am trying to figure out which part of it is Anushka's work...she's done a good job I must say :D, of course the medium was wrong. And what a wonderful way of converting what you tell her to stories!

Mama - Mia said...

OMG!! i cant paint like that even now!!

:) did you give her the whole bedsheet to do, since it was gone anwayz! with its own story ofcos! :)

cheers!

abha