We are halfway to Aditi's second birthday. Wow. 18 things about her for her ref:
- Aditi is now fairly adept with the spoon and insists on feeding herself. She can be messy with liquids but that I think is okay.
- I am glad she is largely self reliant even when it comes to sleeping, she likes to rest on a pillow and doze off.
- She is able to repeat a lot of words ( says peas for all veggies, aunteeeee, cleep, etc ), has 7 teeth and few more coming up.
- She can run, swing, slide with a fair amount of ease.
- She is keen to get into the pool with her sister.
- She is still not interested in TV or toys except balls and a sword.
- She has had her first beach visit, boat ride and bus journey this month.
- She likes to open and shut lids/ boxes and brushing her teeth
- She calls herself pretty / "pitty" when she wears a new dress/ jewellery.
- She likes wearing 'pottu', chains, shoes. She asks for clips but prefers to chew them.
- She loves to mop the floor/ dusting stuff and then uses the same rag on her face though.
- She plays well with the kids in the building and continues to adore her thaathu.
- She heads for the kitchen saying " PAATI- dhudhooooo" in the morning once she wakes up
- She is very particular that she has to be the one handing the milk packs to be put into the fridge
- She keeps back things in place when told to.
- She still runs occasionally to what we call the " kopam corner" - an assigned corner in every room in the house for her to vent herself and bawl !!
- She hardly uses her pram and her play pen has been dismantled
- She is still in diapers but lets us know whenever she uses it.
Potty training. The next Frontier. Here we come. I hope Aditi will manage this transition easily as well.